This site and its contents are copyright © 2009 TRENDY, Inc. All rights reserved.
Take your skin from dry to dewy with these DIY facials from Fresh Home magazine.
Harsh weather outside and dry heat indoors is enough to get even the most low
maintenance complexion worked up. Each mask is made with easy-to-find
ingredients. Carve out an hour, wrap yourself in some Jack Johnson jams and a soft
terrycloth robe, and let the pampering begin.
Oil of Olé
This guac-inspired moisturizer is suitable for even
2 tablespoons of fresh avocado, mashed
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon plain full-fat yogurt
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 min.
2. While you're waiting for the mixture to chill, clean your
face with a soap-free cleansing wash. Make two mugs of
green tea and put an ice cube or two in one of them.
3. Smear a thin layer of the chilled mask on your face,
avoiding your eyes. Sit back, relax for 10 or 15 minutes,
and sip the warm tea.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water. Slowly splash your face
with the cooled tea, and then rinse with water again.
Powerful antioxidants in tea help skin stay healthy.
Note: Don't use black tea; it will stain your skin.
The fruit acids in this mask gently exfoliate, stripping away
dry, dead skin cells to reveal a fresher complexion.
1 ripe peach, peeled and pitted
1 teaspoon brandy
Sprinkle of cornstarch
1. Mash together the peach and brandy in a bowl. Add just
enough cornstarch to make a paste.
2. Smooth over your face, steering clear of lips and eyes.
Sit back and relax. Feel free to sip on any extra brandy.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. (Don't leave
the mask on any longer; it will irritate skin).
The bran and sugar in this scrub scour away dry
skin, immediately improving your face's appearance.
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 teaspoon brewer's yeast
1 teaspoon finely ground bran
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
2. Immediately massage the scrub into your skin with
your fingertips before the sugar has a chance to
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.